Pinterest

Saturday, August 18, 2012

New Brother Embroidery PE-770

If someone had told me how much fun I would have with a new embroidery machine, I would have bought one a long time ago!  As it was, it was just kind of one of those ideas I had of something I might like, and with retirement about one year away, I decided it would make sense to buy it now while I still had a paycheck.  I could have purchased the machine on Amazon for about $75 less than I paid, but I wanted to keep my dollars local, and have a resource to go to if I had questions, needed lessons, or needed repairs.  So, I went to Riverside Stitchin' Quilt about 30 minutes from home and talked with the very knowledgeable Chuck Kennedy who steered me in the direction of the Brother PE-770.  What a great little machine!  It was relatively easy to learn to use right out of the box.  I tried several of the included embroidery patterns, and they were fine, but what I really wanted to do was applique'. So I started searching online for downloadable applique' patterns.  I found some really cute ones at www.secretsof.com.  I decided to put the "crazy gecko" pattern I choose on a denim bib since I already had all the supplies.  It wasn't the easiest thing I have ever done, but it was only moderately difficult to pull off, and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the result.  Do you agree?



No comments:

Post a Comment