Pinterest

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hollow Cube Quilt Block

I know some very special people who are having babies in June, so I've been thinking about what I'd like to make for their babies.  I'd been thinking that I wanted to make a quilt, and after seeing pictures of quilts made using the hollow cube quilt block, and watching this very helpful tutorial, Hollow Cube Quilt Block, I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's the color palate I chose:


I made one test block using colors from my stash before starting on the real thing.  It was a worthwhile use of time because I didn't get the layout of the first block exactly how I wanted it, and I figured out a system for which pieces to sew first.  Once I had a little confidence, I moved on to the real thing.

Here's the first two blocks, using the red tones.


No comments:

Post a Comment