Pinterest

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cheering up a rainy day

It's absolutely dreary here today!  What better to do on a rainy, icky day than dream of an upcoming vacation to sunny Arizona!?  Since our granddaughter will be joining us, I thought it would be fun to make her a little something for the plane ride.  I had pinned a cute tutorial on making a coloring pad and crayon tote a while back which can be seen here.  I took a look through my fabric stash, which is getting totally out of control, and found some cute sock monkey fabric and some coordinating alphabet fabric.  The tutorial was very easy to follow.  The only changes I made were to increase the size just a bit to accommodate the notebook I had.  The tutorial showed a 4x6 inch tablet, and I had purchased some 5x7 journal books at Michaels for 50 cents that I wanted to use so I just increased it an inch in width and height.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Who doesn't love sock monkeys?!



No comments:

Post a Comment